Thursday, July 21, 2011

Greetings From South Africa



Greetings From South Africa
As some of you may have noticed, I’m not here right now. I’m in South Africa, hanging around with Nelson Mandela (he turned 93 on July 18), entertaining the crowds with my wit and wisdom, and stalking the “Big Five” (lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros, buffalo) out on the veldt.



Well, some of that is true. I’m in South Africa as a participant in the Toyota International Teacher Program to South Africa. Along with 24 other teachers from around the country, we’re traveling in South Africa from July 25 – August 10 to learn about the country’s history, geography, economy, culture and environment. As you might expect, I’m very grateful to Toyota for this opportunity, and plan on buying a Prius as soon as we return. In addition, I’ll be sharing my experiences with my fellow teachers and students. Don’t you feel lucky??

In the meanwhile, Mrs. Chenoweth, a former Magnet Teacher and CMS Teacher of the Year for 2010, will have the pleasure of teaching my classes for the first three days of school. She’s so talented that I suspect you’ll all be sorry to see me return.

That’s it for now. Find out what’s going on in South Africa at southafricafromafrikaanstozulu.blogspot.com.


Hamba kakuhle,

Mr. J.M. Donegan

No comments:

Post a Comment